SVB’s (Silicon Valley Bank) collapse has more to do with the housing market than you think. With bank runs becoming contagious, Americans in fear of economic turmoil, and a recession now closer on the horizon, assets like real estate could be affected in ways that most everyday Americans don’t realize. But, to understand what could happen to home prices and the US economy, we’ll need to explain the entire situation.
Back on as expert guests, J Scott, multi-decade investor, and Scott Trench, CEO of BiggerPockets, are here to share their takes on the SVB’s meltdown. More importantly, they explain the events leading up to this bank collapse, how the pandemic created fuel for this future fire, and whether SVB’s collapse could cause a chain reaction that leads to more bank failures, harder economic times, and, surprisingly, higher mortgage rates.
J and Scott debate whether or not more small banks are at risk, what could happen to HELOCs (home equity lines of credit), mortgages, and other financing options, and whether or not real estate will go down with the ship as our economic situation goes from bad to worse. And, if you’ve been saving up for your next investment property, stick around as J and Scott walk through how real estate investors should be using their money in troubling times like today.
Click here to listen on Apple Podcasts.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Read the Transcript Here
Watch the Episode Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
In This Episode We Cover:
- SVB’s collapse explained and how it could drag us into a deeper recession
- The effects on real estate and whether or not prices will drop as a result
- Mortgage rate predictions and the Fed’s shaky decision to raise or halt rates
- HELOCs (home equity lines of credit), mortgages, and other property financing options that could be in danger
- Whether or not we’re in a recession, and if we aren’t, when the recession could hit
- Investing in real estate in 2023 and the moves you MUST make to protect your investment
- And So Much More!
Links from the Show
Book Mentioned in the Show:
Connect with Scott & J:
Interested in learning more about today’s sponsors or becoming a BiggerPockets partner yourself? Email [email protected].
Note By BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.
Leave a Reply